Why book with Airbnb?
Traveling to another country means leaving the comforts of home. That’s why I always choose to book my accommodations at Airbnb. You can choose from an entire home to yourselves, a private room, or a shared room. We always opt for an entire home. We like to have our privacy, but if you’re traveling alone, a private room would suffice. This would allow you to mingle with other solo travelers.
Traveling as a big group?
For our first time in Korea, we chose an entire home with 3 bedrooms located in Hongdae. We are a family of 7, so we had enough space. There was a local grocery store near the place and a 24-hr convenience store. The bus stop was walking distance, too.
It was winter during our stay, so we were so grateful that the place has floor heating. We did not freeze during our stay. The host, Mr. Hong, was very generous, too. You can find my full review here.
Traveling as a couple or a crowd of three?
For our second time in South Korea, we chose to stay near Konkuk University (Kondae). This time, it was autumn and we were a party of three. What I loved about this place is that it is about 6-mins walk away from the nearest train station.
This Airbnb listing is near Common Ground, the hippest place at night. We were also near outlet stores, such as Adiddas, Columbia, Nike, New Balance, and more. Lots of restaurants surround this location, so you will always find something to eat from morning until late at night. Full review here.
- Find an accommodation that is near a train station, preferably, walking-distance-close. It will save you a lot of time when traveling.
- Book your accommodation as early as you can with Airbnb, so you can plot your travel time and your itinerary.
- If you want to be near most of the tourist attractions, book around Myeongdong area.
- Avoid places that are uphill. Be kind to your traveling legs. At the end of the day, going home to an uphill accommodation is a no-no.
Airbnb is always my go-to accommodation when traveling abroad. This coming October, we’re headed to Taipei, and we also booked at Airbnb!
Get P1,100 OFF your first booking by using my referral link 👈
For more information about traveling to South Korea, click here.
Korean Tours to Consider:
- K-Drama Tour
- Nami Island and Petite France in One Day
- Nami Island & Elysian Gangchon Ski Resort 1 Day Shuttle Bus Package